See a Problem?
Be the first to ask a question about Sir Matthew Hale, Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews.
- Cognitive Foundations of Calculated Speech: Controlling Understandings in Conversation and Persuasion?
- Poetic Force: Poetry after Kant (Meridian: Crossing Aesthetics)!
- Vehicle Dynamics Estimation using Kalman Filtering;
- Chloride Movements Across Cellular Membranes.
- Sir Matthew Hale 1609-1676. Law, religion and natural philosophy..
Showing Rating details. All Languages.
Sir Matthew Hale Law, religion and natural philosophy - CentAUR
More filters. Sort order. David added it Nov 03, Jessica Kaplan marked it as to-read Jan 21, Oscar Deaver marked it as to-read Jul 16, There are no discussion topics on this book yet. About Alan Cromartie. Alan Cromartie.
Books by Alan Cromartie. Trivia About Sir Matthew Hale, No trivia or quizzes yet.
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.
- Sir Matthew Hale, Law, Religion and Natural Philosophy - Alan Cromartie - Google книги.
- Cognitive Foundations of Calculated Speech: Controlling Understandings in Conversation and Persuasion.
- The Foundations of Topological Graph Theory?
- Western movies : the story of the West on screen!
- Sir Matthew Hale, : Law, Religion and Natural Philosophy-ExLibrary | eBay.
- Citation metadata.
Although he held office under Oliver Cromwell, this barely affected his standing in Restoration times. A study of Hale's life and thought necessarily illuminates the central role of the common law in Stuart politics. This book explains Hale's political ideas, and his subtle understanding of the peculiar character of an 'unwritten' law.
It also covers his extensive writings on scientific and religious questions, writings which document a shift from puritan to liberal Protestantism. His acute but equivocal response to the science of Descartes and Boyle reveals a fascinating interplay between his 'latitudinarianism' and the new natural philosophy. The result is a unique case study, and a comprehensive portrait of a seventeenth-century mind.
Shop by category
Selden the appeal to contract. The rights of the Crown. Restoration the nature of laws. Restoration constitutional theory. Restoration legal practice. Hale and religious dissent. Natural philosophy.